A neat and orderly house is something that everyone strives for. Things are more pleasant, cozy, and relaxing when they’re spotless. If you don’t know where to begin, getting rid of foul odors in your house can be a difficult task. If you have young children or cats at home, you’ve probably had milk spilt on the floor and we all know, old, decaying milk is disgusting, or you have cat hairs or dried urine on carpet.
In the 85 million American households with pets, mainly cats and dogs. If not many, you’re sure to have had a few mishaps. They play around and do not bother with the problem their owner will have afterward. Many parents claim their cats pee around on the furniture, they do not use the litter boxes at all, how to train them to use the litter boxes, why their cats pee on beds, or furniture. Many cat parents are always fighting with odor and others are trying to get rid of urine spots on the carpet. Cat urine is so concentrated, it’s very tough to get rid of cat odor and stains.
Cat’s urine may be pretty challenging to remove. This is because of the lingering odor, which can be detected weeks after the peeing. Sadly, most cats will become so smelly at the same point. You can follow this guide to clean a smelly cat.
Here are a few methods that can help you to get rid of the dry cat’s urine stain and smell.
How to Clean Dried Cat Urine from Carpet
Method # 1 to Clean Dried Cat Urine from Carpet
- Remove as much urine as possible by blotting the spot with a clean towel.
- To clean the area, use an enzymatic cleaner which can be easily found here on amazon. It helps eliminate the stench of cat pee by breaking down the acid.
- Regardless of what the bottle says, allow the cleaner to rest for at least 10-15 minutes.
- A new cloth or portion of a clean cloth should be used with each blot.
- Rinse the affected area with warm water and a clean towel. Repeat this step until the affected area is clean.
- Blot the afflicted area with a clean towel until scorched.
- As needed, repeat this step.
Method # 2 to Clean Dried Cat Urine from Carpet
- Pour one and 1/2 cups warm water into a spray bottle, and then add one-and-a-half cups of white vinegar.
- Use a clean towel to soak up as much pee as possible.
- Apply the vinegar-water solution and let it stay for approximately 5 minutes. As a natural disinfectant, vinegar is an excellent choice.
- Use a clean towel to blot up any residual wetness.
- Add a sufficient dose of baking soda, and then it should be applied to the afflicted area once it has dried completely. Allow resting overnight. Vacuum up any residual baking soda in the morning.
Method #3 to Clean Dried Cat Urine from Carpet
- This combination should be tested on an plain carpet area to ensure it doesn’t alter its colour. If it passes, then proceed to the next stage.
- The first step is to use a clean towel to soak up all the pee.
- For this remedy, use a sufficient dose of baking soda.
- Combine 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide and just a spoonful of bleach-free dish detergent in a solution of 34 ounces of hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply a thin mixture layer and the baking soda.
- Work the mixture into the carpet with a soft brush in a circular motion so that the baking soda can do its job! Baking soda might be the most powerful liquid absorber to remove cat pee.
- Vacuum up the residual baking soda once the mixture has dried on the place.
- If required, repeat all steps.
As far as commercial goods go, there are two primary categories: oxygen- and enzyme-based cleansers, purchased in stores or online. In particular, the latter is excellent for dealing with cat wastes since they break down the urine and neutralise the odour.
Lastly, make sure there are no stains on an unnoticeable carpet patch by following the manufacturer’s recommendations.